Intermercato released their Tiger Cut excavator harvesting shears a few years ago in Europe and it increased the efficiency of harvesting systems overnight in small scale forestry.
The simple robust fixed knife design has a minimum of moving parts to ensure a long life with little maintenance. The reinforced grapple body is equipped with massive rams to develop huge biting forces.
Aussie versions have upgraded double bevel blades engineered from Swedish 450 grade hardox.
The blade can also be unbolted to allow full use of the grab as an accumulating grapple, doubling its effectiveness on the job site. (ER Model)
Three Tigercut sizes are produced recommended for 210, 250, and 300mm in SOFT WOODS, just go up a size in Australia.
- Tigercut 210 model - the smallest shear with a lighter weight so your mini excavator maintains its capacity. Designed for selective thinning, pruning and trimming.
- Tigercut 250 model - middle of the range with a huge 74kN of crushing force.
- Tigercut 300 model - the largest shear for use on excavators 10-20 tonnes. A massive 80kN of grapple force and opening width of 1400mm. Ideal for land clearing, energy extraction, coppicing and thinning. ER model designed for limbing, selective thinning and rehandling.
Each shear has 2 different versions depending on the application:
1. Tigercut "er" designed for rigid mount rotators to trim at all angles.
Worm drive rotator
2. Tigercut "e" designed to harvest trees low to the stump Rigid mount on excavator.
Tigercut 300e harvesting trees
Intermercato Tigercut 300
Contact us today to get recommendations for your machine and find out how a grab can improve productivity every minute on your job site!