Intermercato released their excavator harvesting shears a few years ago in Europe and it increased the efficiency of harvesting systems overnight in small scale forestry.
The simple robust fixed knife design has a minimum of moving parts to ensure a long life with little maintenance. The reinforced grapple body is equipped with massive rams to develop huge biting forces.
Aussie versions have upgraded double bevel blades engineered from Swedish 450 grade hardox. The blade can also be unbolted to allow full use of the grab as an accumulating grapple, doubling its effectiveness on the job site (R Model).
The blade can also be unbolted to allow full use of the grab as an accumulating grapple, doubling its effectiveness on the job site. (R Model)
Three Intermercato shears are produced:
- Intermercato 210 model - designed for up to 210mm diameter material. The smallest shear with a lighter weight allowing your mini excavator to maintain its capacity. Designed for selective thinning, pruning and trimming.
- Intermercato 250 model - designed for up to 250mm diameter wood. It has a huge 74kN of crushing force. This is often the favourite of the avocado and macadamia farms for selective limb removal.
- Intermercato 300 model - the largest shear for use on excavators 10-20 tonnes. A massive 120kN of grapple force and opening width of 1400mm. Ideal for land clearing, energy extraction, coppicing and thinning. R model designed for delimbing, selective thinning and rehandling.
Each shear has 2 different versions depending on the application:
1. Intermercato "R" designed for rigid mount rotators to trim at all angles.
Excavator Shear 250R Selective Limb Removal
2. Intermercato "e" designed to harvest trees low to the stump Rigid mount on excavator.
Intermercato 300e harvesting trees
Excavator shear for selective limb removal – suitable for pruning avocado macadamia trees.
Contact us today to get recommendations for your machine and find out how a grab can improve productivity every minute on your job site!