Intermercato universal grabs are suited to excavators for heavy duty applications between 12 and 30 tonnes. For smaller excavators see the 5 finger or stone series.
The main GX series has 5 fingers but is also available in 7 fingers for extra width. Custom grabs are also available with up to 13 heavy duty tines.The universal grabs range were originally designed as stump pullers, so they are very strong. Now they are the choice in demolition, rock work and other applications where a super strong grab is required.
All universal grabs are of the modern bypass design, allowing wide opening widths to pick up large amounts of material and give great capacity but still allowing very tight closing to handle a variety of sizes. Intermercato universal grabs are designed to give high gripping forces and superior bunching on all materials.
All universal grabs have the following features:
- Excellent GRIPPING FORCE for hard rock with 3, 4, 5 or up to 13 heavy duty tines.
- Belly plate to protect cylinder underneath - designed for minimum downtime.
- Every pin greaseable with protected grease nipples - designed for a long life.
- High clamping forces with oversized pistons - allows secure gripping of any load.
- All excavator series made from the highest quality steel available - HARDOX.
- Built by a company specialising in grapples for over 20 years.
- Optional overcentre valves.
- Intermercato's fully hydraulic universal grabs allow the operator to still have full control of the tilt cylinder so objects can be picked up and placed precisely with more ease. The tilt cylinder can also be used for efficient raking if desired.
Why consider a fully HYDRAULIC universal grab?
- Full range of motion, same as operating a bucket.
- Couples and uncouples as easily as your bucket - no strut or cylinder plate on your boom.
- No need to modify or weld on to the excavator, weakening it.
- Grapple jaws close evenly to pick up objects easily (not cheap one-arm static design!)
- Rotator can be added later if required for 360 degree rotation of the grapple.
- Grabbing action is always the same as it's independent to your tilt ram.
- Able to be shared between machines with same size coupler.
Contact us today to get recommendations for your machine and find out how a grab can improve productivity every minute on your job site!